Kettles are the perfect example of a device that has been upgraded over the years. The earliest models were made entirely of metal and involved a hot metal coil that boiled water over a fire. The latest models use a combination of metal, plastic, and glass to make a water boiler that is easy to use and highly efficient. But have you heard about smart kettles?
The smart kettle is a smart appliance that allows you to enjoy teatime, coffee time, and everything in between. If you’re into the idea of a kettle that can monitor the water level in your kettle, order coffee for you, and more, then it’s time for you to consider a smart kettle. Here are the top 5 picks on the market today:
- Ovente Electric Hot Water Kettle – You know you are becoming a true gadget geek when you can’t be in a room without a smart kettle. These handy devices are meant to help you save time and energy to focus on other tasks. If you’re considering buying an electric water kettle, you’ve likely seen a range of options to choose from, but in the end, you’ll be looking for one that takes the cake. Ovente’s electric kettle might be one of the best choices available on the market today, thanks in part to its sleek, simple design and vibrant color options. Ovente’s Smart Kettle is the latest and most innovative one to hit the market. It has a unique shape, stylish looks, and a host of smart functions.
- Brewista Smart Brew Electric Kettle – The Brewista Smart Brew Electric Kettle is a smart kettle that’s been designed to make everyday life easier. It’s compatible with Alexa, so you can talk to it and ask it to do stuff, and it can even tell you how much water you need, and how much water you are using. The Smart Brew Electric Kettle has a heating element that is inside the base of the kettle so that when you add the water to the kettle, the heating element will heat it up. A plug-in adapter powers the heating element, and it is designed to turn itself off when the water has been heated to a certain temperature, which is 300 degrees.
- Fellow Stagg EKG+ Bluetooth Connected Electric Pour-Over Kettle – We all have our favorite gadgets. Whether it’s a smartphone, tablet, or computer, we have a gazillion of them, but how many of us have one that tops our favorite list? Well, if you’re reading this, it’s probably the Stagg EKG+. The EKG+ is a Bluetooth-connected electric pour-over kettle that makes it easy to brew a cup of coffee or tea on any stovetop. The Stagg EKG+ is a unique smart kettle with an integrated Bluetooth speaker, which notifies you when the water reaches your desired temperature. This comes in handy if you’re busy, going to the bathroom, or just want to know when your water has cooled down.
- Breville BKE830XL The IQ Kettle – The Breville BKE820XL is a great smart kettle to consider. It is a good water kettle, a good cooking kettle, and a great kettle to use as a smart kettle. As a water kettle, it boils water within a very short amount of time, and you can set it to boil at a time of your choice. As a cooking kettle, it has smart features that allow you to set the cooking temperature, and it has a countdown timer to show when the water will boil to add to the countdown. As a smart kettle, it has a few capabilities you might want in your kettle, such as reading the weekly recipes, displaying the recipe ingredients and directions, adding the recipe ingredients to your shopping list, etc.
- Smarter SMKET01-US Electric iKettle – With all the hype surrounding smart home gadgets, it’s hard to know which ones to trust. Like Panasonic’s other smart kettles, the new SMKET01 is a home-brewed product, one of many in this category of devices. It differs from its competitors in that it features a detachable cord, which makes it more versatile and easier to move from one location to another, and that it’s controlled by an app running on an Android smartphone. This kettle can even measure your water, water temperature, and display the results on your smartphone. It can even synchronize the result to your calendar, so you don’t have to remember to check on the water in the morning. It’s a smart kettle, but not too smart.
If you love coffee and want the convenience of brewing it at home, you may be looking for the perfect electric kettle. A smart kettle provides many of the benefits of a regular electric kettle, but it also has some great added features that are not available on standard models. Before you buy, be sure to read through our reviews and decide which model meets your needs and expectations.